Valentine's Day

19:21:00

Happy Valentines Day!

                                      

After Mark "thought" we had apparently decided to not buy each other valentine's gifts this year, he obviously felt guilty after receiving his gift from me so he went out and bought these beautiful flowers and balloon and treated me and the girls to a lovely lunch at Zizzi's. It was gorgeous and I'd thoroughly recommend the spaghetti carbonara! Anyway, it's nice to have some time out and spend some quality time with the family and its times like today that I am so thankful to have such a great wee family around me to support me through my journey at university.



Nothing could have prepared me for how tough my Honours year would be and writing my dissertation, I really didn't expect to have found it quite so hard. My lecturers had tried to inform us of how hard it would be but to be honest I thought they were just scare mongering. Now I realise why we were told we'd travel to hell and back, cos that is literally how I've felt these past 6 months and its not over yet!

I have found it horrendous trying to do my dissertation along with coursework for my other modules and also applying for jobs, nevermind my family duties. The job applications aren't straight forward either, there is so much time and effort that must be put into them to make sure you stand out from the crowd and then all these psychometric tests and numerical tests that companies put you through can be so stressful I sometimes question is it all worth it?! Days like today though make me realise it is worth it, I'm going through this for my family, to try and better our lives, provide for my girls and be a good role model for them and hopefully when they are older they will see this (even though I do become a crazy lunatic at my most stressful periods!!)

Emma xxxx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews