The End is Nigh....

20:35:00

So I'm almost at the end of my 4 year university journey. Tomorrow will officially be my last ever lecture at university. I really don't know how I feel about this as I have really mixed emotions. These past 4 years have been a crazy roller coaster, with some major highs and some major lows. However, last Friday, I finally submitted my dissertation! Yaaaayyy! 33,589 words of hell, which caused a lot of blood, sweat and tears but it is finally done and dusted and I can begin to relax (until results time that is!)

So glad this bad boy is finally finished!

It was great to share the glorious moment of freedom from dissertation with my two close friends Jasmen and Karen. We started our journey together 4 years ago so it only seemed fitting to end it with them also. These girls have honestly been my rock throughout university and I don't think I'd have got through half of it if it wasn't for them. They've been there through all my wobbles, stress and craziness and I have definitely made friends for life there!









These last few weeks have been crazy but 3 weeks ago our special little girl got christened, which was a wonderful day spent with close friends and family. It had been a great day to let my hair down and forget about uni for one day. Although it really tired me out planning it and running about on the day, everyone seemed to enjoy themselves and had a great day. We managed to get some beautiful pictures of our family and I'm really glad we went ahead with it, even although it was in the middle of the most stressful period of my life!




The weeks that followed were just full of work, work, work with me not seeing my pillow until at least 1am every night. There have been many arguments in the household when stress has just got too much for both myself and Mark and it can take it's toll on the family, but we knew these last weeks would be hard. By the time last week hit I was physically exhausted and wiped out that I didn't think I'd make it to the end of the week. I did though, and after working my butt off I finally finished! The minute I finished it was like a huge weight off my shoulders and I felt instantly relieved. I'm still sitting today thinking of other things I should have included in it, but I need to forget that now and just be happy that it's finished with. 

I really cannot believe I have arrived at the moment that my university adventure ends though, it really is the end of an era. I cant believe I'm not going to see Jasmen and Karen each week to have a gossip and a moan but we are all about to start off on our new career paths, onto the next stage of our lives. It's so scary, and even although I'm almost 30 and have two kids, I'm finally just starting to feel like an adult, haha! I've been through so much throughout my time and I really have came out the other end a different but stronger person. I have learned so much both academically and personally and know that having made it through this, having a baby during my studies, that I can make it through anything.

I am so nervous thinking about my new career but I also want to embrace it too. I've worked hard and now it's time to reap the benefits and while I know that developing my career will not be easy, I now have confidence that I can do it.

I'm really looking forward to the summer, spending quality time with the family and making up for all that time lost over the past year especially. It's time to live a little again and enjoy myself before starting my full time job in September.

I'd just like to finish by saying a huge thanks to everyone who has read my blog so far and sent me messages of kindness and support. It really has meant a lot and helped me out in this last final coursework.

Emma xxxx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews