Family Time One - Studying Nil

18:30:00



I've found that through my years at uni, the hardest part is the weekend and choosing whether to study or spend time with the family. It is difficult because in the long term it's a small sacrifice I will have made to better my family but sometimes I feel so guilty if I've not spent enough time with the family and Mark can give me that glaring look as if to say "I will throw that laptop out the window if you don't stop looking at it!"

Being at university can definitely put a strain on your relationship at times as the normal day to day stresses can be heightened as there just isn't enough time in the day to do everything. It can be hard as I know while I'm at uni the house is always that bit messier and quality time spent with the family decreases. I suppose it's about making that extra effort when there is extra time.

Best Friends
Today I chose to spend time with the family, even although I really should be working. It was such a beautiful, sunny day in Scotland today which are so few and far between that I just had to take the opportunity to enjoy it.

We went a lovely drive to Loch Lomond Shores in Balloch, and as you can see from the pictures, it was absolutely beautiful. We ended the day with a lovely fish tea from one of my favourite places, Palombo's Fish and Chip shop in Balloch, which I'm sure has done nothing for the baby belly but oh my it was lovely!

So even although I'm sitting here feeling guilty for not doing the work I could have done today, I know that these are opportunities I can't get back with my family. So, Family Time 1 - Studying 0 today I'm afraid.

Emma xxxx

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. SOoooo realistic Emma! We've rarely sn the sun in recent months so I'd have went to Balloch too!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews