Job Interview Success

18:31:00

So today was a great day! 

I had a telephone interview today with a company I am so enthusiastic to work with. The job is to become a graduate on a 2 year graduate program with one of the leading companies in the technology industry. It went really well and I was told there and then that I had passed and I am now through to the next stage. I'm absolutely over the moon about this!

The interviewer made me feel at ease and it felt like more of a chat than a formal interview which I think is the best thing, as this is when I feel my best qualities come across. When an interview is really formal I always get really nervous and can never sell myself properly, therefore this company's approach to interviewing is perfect for me.

Interviews have always been a bit of a worry for me as I never know whether to mention whether I have kids or not. I always think that companies are always more likely to take the younger, fresher (and childless) graduates over me. But I have learned over time that this is not the case and the fact that I have kids and I am currently at university is actually a plus point for employers as it shows my drive and determination.

I'm really excited about the prospect of working for this company and starting a proper career. Fingers crossed all goes well and these wee faces definitely make all the hard work worth it!




Emma xxxx


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews