Introduction

15:14:00





Hey there! So, my name is Emma and for anyone who hasn't read my 'About Me' section, I am an Honours student studying Business Technology at the University of the West of Scotland and also a mum to two gorgeous girls. My oldest daughter is called Cerys and is 9 years old and my youngest is called Isla-Rose and is just 16 months. I am also engaged to a wonderful man called Mark.

For my Digital Marketing module in uni, I decided to blog about my experience of being a mum and also being a student at university and really bare all, including both good, bad and hideously ugly experiences (hence the title) that I have endured. I don't expect this blog to be used as advice but more to give insight into being a student whilst having kids and maybe so other mum's out there that realise they aren't the only ones who have bad or ugly days!


















In my second year at university I found out I was pregnant with Isla-Rose who came along in October 2014, 2 weeks into my third year of university. The university gave me an option of taking a full year out however this was not an option for me therefore I decided to bite the bullet and return to my studies when my daughter was just 2 weeks old. Let me tell you, sleepless nights and a crying baby can really play havoc with with your mind let alone trying to concentrate in lectures! I was extremely lucky however, that by 6 weeks my baby girl was beginning to sleep through the night and by god what a full nights sleep can do for the soul!!

I have, in some miraculous way been able to achieve A’s throughout my time at university so far which is great but I'm not going to lie, it has been really, really tough and there isn’t a week that goes by that I don’t tell myself that I’m going to pack it all in! I do find it really hard to juggle family life, university, working part time and studying in the free time I have and at times I do feel guilty that I'm not giving my family enough attention when it comes to busy periods and I can become thee biggest stress head monster when the pressure is on! I'm hoping it is all worth it when I graduate though!
This post is simply just a brief background about my reasons for doing this blog, the future posts will be about my daily life as a student and mum, no holds barred!!

Emma xxxxx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews