Life as a Mum, Life as Me

20:39:00

Being a mum completely changes you, your life isn't your own any more, you don't think as you used to, you don't eat like you used to, you don't go out like you used to and your body develops extra squishy bits that were never there before, but honestly.......... I wouldn't change it for the world!

To have these wee creations who are totally dependent on you is a bit mind blowing. Everything you do, they copy, everything you say, they copy so I feel it is so important to be a good role model for my kids.

I remember watching this video that my friend sent to me when I was pregnant with Isla-Rose and it just made so much sense. 


Even when my babies were still in my tummy, they were experiencing EVERYTHING that I was experiencing, living and breathing every moment with me. It's amazing to think of the journey they go along before they even come into this world.

My girls are my life. I love Cerys being the age she is as she's starting to develop some independence and be able to think for herself, but isn't too old yet for mummy to still tuck her up in bed at night.  Having 8 years between my girls has been a blessing as I now get to re-live all the crazy baby years with Isla-Rose while enjoying Cerys' next stage in life.


Even if I do get moments where I haven't washed my hair in 5 days, have dirty nappies coming out my ears and I'm getting back chat from the bigger one who's independence is just stretching a little too far, it's all worth it.

Being a mum is what I'm meant to be and whilst I am about to graduate and become a "career woman", no matter what,  my babies and family will always come first. I can't wait to stand in my graduation gown and be presented with my graduation certificate and look down at those faces and know it's all been worth it!

Emma xxxx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews