Saturday night studying

18:06:00





So the above picture is a regular occurrence in my life right now! It's Saturday night, Valentine's weekend and I'm stuck on the couch working on coursework. It's not all bad, I do have this little cherub to keep me occupied but she won't settle for a snooze anywhere but my knee so I have to arrange my laptop and paperwork around her. This is my regular study area, trying to keep baby happy while doing my work.


Daddy and grandpa are watching the rugby and big sis is away for a sleepover so it's just me and this wee one. I've got to say it's nice to have peace and quiet to get on with work, but the minute this wee terror wakes up it's "house wrecking time", the books get pulled from the bookcase, the toys get thrown around and mum's paperwork gets crumpled and torn. This is the life of a student mum I suppose!

I find Saturday's particularly hard to study and it's definitely the time I feel I procrastinate the most, Facebook noseying being a favourite past time of mine :). I find it hard at times to get the motivation at the weekends, especially when I see everyone's pictures out having a good time with family and friends. I keep telling myself it's not long though, 10 weeks and uni will be over! I can't believe how fast 4 years have flown by. That thought still doesn't make it any easier though when you're trying to read 3 of the most boring academic papers for Monday's lecture. Oh the joys!
Emma xxxx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews