World Book Day

19:28:00

Isla-Rose starting her Harry Potter obsession young!
Since its World Book Day, I'd thought I'd have a short post about, my favourite pastime; reading.

Unfortunately these days the only books I'm reading are technology textbooks and research material but I cannot wait to have time again to have some me time and do some reading. It's when I feel the most relaxed and can just slip into another wee world for a short time. Right now if I get a chance to read, it's after midnight and I literally get two pages in and I'm snoozing!

Not only am I an avid reader but so is Cerys, who is the biggest Harry Potter fan, just like her mummy. Yip this is a Harry Potter obsessed household! I've read the series 3 times and Cerys, at the age of 9 has finished all 7 books! We were so excited to find out that a new book will be coming out and we are counting down the days until it's release! I love that we have this in common and I'm hoping Isla-Rose is the same when she grows up.

Cerys so excited getting her Harry Potter wand last Christmas!
I'm so happy that Cerys loves reading, in this day and age it can be so hard to keep the kids off of technology. I'm just so glad she would rather still pick up a good book than the iPad! Mind you, the only time Cerys has peace to read is in her bed as Isla-Rose is constantly trying to pull the book from her hands!

I've started reading to Isla-Rose and she is so interested in books already which I'm so happy about as I think it is so important to help their learning.

The only one we need to turn in this household is Mark, he is obsessed with the Harry Potter films but has not yet read any of the books (blasphemy in my eyes!) we'll work our magic on him yet though!

I've promised Cerys that when I graduate and hopefully get a good job  that we will save up and go a big family holiday to Florida. Most young kids would be most excited at the prospect of Disneyland, however Cerys is most excited to go to Harry Potter World, and to be honest so is mummy!!

This is a huge dream of our family and once I get a job I will save my wee ass off to get us there!! They've put up with my studies for 4 years so it's the least I could do!

Emma xxxx

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Total blasphemy! Get reading the books Mark, you won't regret it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I'm working on him don't you worry! :-) x

      Delete

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews