Believe in Yourself!

21:07:00


So tonight I started to finally try and promote my blog which felt really scary and embarrassing! All of a sudden I realised that people I know are going to start reading this and I'm beginning to wish I had blogged about something a little less personal! I start thinking that I'll probably get laughed at and panic that people will think I'm really cringey for doing this. I find I often think like this at different times, seeing the more negative side rather than just embracing the situation.

In lectures I can be scared to shout out an answer incase I'm wrong and feel stupid so I'd prefer not to say anything, even when a lot of the time I knew the correct answer right enough! I'm OK in a smaller setting but when it comes to a large group I can get so embarrassed at times!

I have two interviews coming up over the next three weeks for big companies and rather than embracing that I've even got this far, I talk myself out of it and think the worst "what if they don't like me? "what if I say something really stupid? " I bet I'll embarrass myself in some way". Why don't I think "Emma you'll be great, you've come this far"? It can be really draining sometimes being so hard on myself! I know that I can do things and have accomplished a lot while being at uni the past 4 years but there's still a nagging thing in the back of my mind holding me back!

 I really need to start embracing that I've come this far and that actually, yeah I'm doing alright! I've  managed to get this far in life so far, doing alright. My grades are good, I'm getting interviews and I have a happy, healthy family, so why not be confident?

Always supporting me xx
Sometimes I think it can be so hard to be confident because there are always people there waiting for you to fall, but on the other hand, I look at the people who are waiting to will you on and want you to do good. Just tonight I posted my blog on Facebook for the first time and although I was embarrassed, the positive feedback I've got from people wishing me well, even those that I don't know, has been amazing! I think we definitely need to promote that positivity more and make people more confident in the decisions they take, whether it's in something as big as an interview or someone who's willing to bare all on Social Media! We need to be good role models for all our children.

Id like to thank everyone who's wished me well tonight, you've given me an extra boost of confidence which I didn't think I had! I really need to start believing in myself, other people can, so why cant I?
Have faith xx

Emma xx

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Fab Emma, go girl we are all proud of you! Just remember us when you are a high flying executive in some amazing, exotic place!!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews