Christening Shenanigans

21:52:00


I must be pretty crazy but we've decided to get this gorgeous girl Christened in 4 weeks time, just 4 weeks before my dissertation is to be handed in! 

It's been one of those things that we've been putting off and putting off due to time and money but we've decided to just bite the bullet and do it or we never will! We've chosen April as this is the Easter holidays (Spring Break!!!) and Mark and Cerys are both on holiday then. 

Instead of doing a quiet family thing (which in hindsight sounds like heaven), we're hiring a hall and having a party after the service, which consists of a DJ, buffet, face painter to name but a few. I honestly don't know why I do this to myself. I think we felt pressure from family also to have the big party but really it's just getting out of control and the numbers are growing arms and legs! It really is crazy, I mean it's a christening! Not a blinking wedding! 


Tonight I've been trying to organise invitations, decorations and the cake whilst trying to attempt to type some of my primary research for my dissertation. Needless to say that has fallen at the waist side! I really need to get my priorities in order, but I have so many priorities now I don't know which is the priority! 

So to add to my already long list of stresses, I've piled on a few more just for fun. I know the day will be really good and it will be great to catch up with family and friends but trying to organise this in the midst of my hectic study schedule is just a wee bit mental! If I'm not in an insane asylum before these next two months are through then I will be so shocked! 

Emma xxxx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews