Working From Home

18:12:00

               
                     
This is what it can look like when your trying to write your dissertation.  I have paperwork coming out my ears and really don't know where to start.  I really do feel like I am drowning in information! I have research articles, notes, books and folders lying everywhere and it's hard trying to keep them in any order. This picture is from my bed today, a sea of paperwork!

Being overwhelmed is generally the feeling that comes to mind when I think of this final year. It has been a huge step up from third year and it isn't that I'm not capable of doing the work, as I know I am and my grades in the past are proof of this. However, at times I just can't seem to sort the thoughts in my head into a logical order so that I can actually get my work done. Is it still OK to use baby brain as an excuse for this?!! Cerys is 9 and I still say I have never lost it from then, lol. My thoughts can be constantly interrupted when I am trying to work in the house though, either by the kids or by Mark. I know they don't mean it but it's hard for them to understand that I'm trying to get away from my mummy duties when I'm working from home.


I'm lucky enough to have a Friday off at the moment but at times I don't feel like it helps me to get much work done as I don't feel like I can switch off from my mum and household duties. 

I seen this photo on Facebook yesterday and it made me laugh, this really is the story of my life right now. I take a break from my work to do the dishes or a bit of hoovering and it can feel like a real achievement but then I turn round and a mountain of mess is awaiting me.

I take my hat off to people who can work from home and can concentrate the full day without being distracted by normal household tasks. I find it sooo hard to switch off and because I often have Isla-Rose to look after I literally can't switch off as she needs my attention.I find the sayings that I normally have on repeat are "No, put that down" or "leave it alone" or worse I end up being distracted and singing along to the Peppa Pig or Mickey House Clubhouse theme tune, lol!

Most of the time she is great and plays away and she does make me laugh so much which is good therapy but at the same time it is difficult to get any work done. The rest of the family then come in after school and there's absolutely no chance of getting any work done then! Oh well, there's always tomorrow!

Emma xxxx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews