Bibbidi, Bobbidi, Boo!

18:53:00

So, I've not been blogging for the past couple of days as my schedule had been so busy and I really feel like I've been meeting myself coming back!

My Godson Austin xx
We had some great news two nights ago though, my best friend Paula gave birth to this wee handsome man. Meet my GODSON Austin!! Yes I'm saying Godson as I am so honoured to have been asked to be this wee ones Godmother, how lucky am I?!?!  Paula asked me the night he was born and of course I accepted! I am absolutely delighted and over the moon about this! Tuesday had been another one of those days where I felt really stressed, anxious and annoyed and I was getting really emotional over things. So when this happened it was like a little ray of sunshine peeking through. Needless to say the waterworks started with me again, only this time it was happy tears! I've turned into such a blubbering wreck since I've had Isla-Rose, I really need to calm down!

Anyway, aside from this great news, I've been running around like a headless chicken trying to get loads of different things organised. Cerys has to dress up in school tomorrow for World Book Day (yes I'm aware it's a week late, but that's a story for a different day!) So between Tuesday and Wednesday I've been trying to organise something for her to wear, which really is a job in itself!

I wish I was one of those mums who can whip something out the wardrobe, stick it under a sewing machine and create a masterpiece, but no, unfortunately the bank card has to come out and shopping on Amazon we go, desperately trying to find something that has next day delivery, because in typical Emma fashion I've left it to the last minute AGAIN! Anyway, due to the wonders of the Internet it has arrived today, yaayy, so Cerys will get to go as Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz rather than attempting some creation with a black bin bag lol!

I don't have time for this!
Today I've had to sit and try and make red ruby slippers for Cerys' costume. The actual sparkly red numbers were way too expensive, so I bought a pair of flat red pumps for £7 from New Look and bought red glitter and prit-stick and attempted makeshift shoes. I'd say my attempt was not too bad, and cost less than £10, woohoo!

Before
After




















So in between all this I've been working and trying to study. Next week could play a pivotal part in my life as I have an interview on Tuesday which is a full day assessment for a Graduate position. The closer it gets the more my belly aches and I have so much material to study. The following day I also have a presentation on my Honours project so far, which is a 15 minute talk on my progress. This scares the hell out of me as I'm not one for presenting. I'm also worried as I haven't received all my feedback from my primary research yet so I may not have anything to even present on.

I have Cerys' parents evening tonight at school AND it's the last appointment in the whole night, so this is another night we are out the house and my studying is disrupted. It's always the same when I have so much to do! 

If only I was a FAIRY Godmother, I'd wave my wand and have it done in a jiffy!

Emma xxxx


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews