Happy New Hair Day!

19:34:00

Why do we do this to ourselves?! Haha, not the best  selfie!!
The struggles us mums go through to try and remain youthful! So I'm not long back from a 4 hour appointment at the hairdressers, to try and beautify myself a bit for my interview on Tuesday and get rid of those ever increasing grey hairs!

It's 4 hours out the day (and money out my bank) which I can't really afford but since I had roots like a tree, I thought I better go and get it sorted. Better try and make a good first impression I suppose, they do say they always count, don't they? ! I decided to go for a wee ombré number for a change.

I don't ever have time (or money) to pamper myself these days, so even although the usual guilt that I could be doing something else was kicking in, it was nice to be treated like a princess for a few hours.

My new hair xx
Cerys went away to school in her Dorothy outfit this morning, looking great I might add! What an effort those types of mornings are though! I'm used to Cerys just having a quick ponytail in for school but this morning, in true Dorothy style, I had to do French pleats with the ends all curled. Thank god that's not an every day occurrence, too much stress for me thanks very much! I really envy these mums who have time to send their kids out to school like they've just stepped out a salon. I'm forever chasing my tail!

Cerys as Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz xx
This weekend will unfortunately have to be dedicated to my presentation next week and of course my interview, so I have my hair all done with no where to go :-( boohoo! Nights out for me are a real thing of the past at the moment due to time and money constraints (AGAIN!) I really can't wait to be able to let my hair down and start getting nights out on the tiles with Mark and my friends again. These past 4 years have been a long slog and I've turned into a hermit while I've been a student. Surely that's the complete opposite of what a student is supposed to be though?!?! I really am not your stereotypical student, but I suppose with kids, no one would expect me to be!

I often wonder what it would have been like to go to uni straight after school before kids and responsibilities, but to be honest I don't think I would have been able to cope and the party lifestyle would have probably swept me up!

I'm glad I waited to be a mature student before going to uni, even although it's been hard because I do have lots of responsibilities, I know that I've been able to apply myself better as I have family to work hard for and plenty of support around me!

Emma xxxx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews