Blogging Obsessed

18:19:00



Blogging is taking over my life! As I’ve previously mentioned, this blog has been created for my Digital Marketing module at uni, however I do have other coursework that I need to do AND of course the main one, my dissertation.

This blog is only supposed to be a small part of my module but has completely hijacked my life. The extra time I should be spending writing up my research, I’ve taken to tweaking bits of my blog and uploading my posts! It’s obsessive! No one warns you how addictive it can get, constantly checking your number of views and wondering why you haven’t just quite reached the same amount as you did the night before. It’s sad really!



This made me giggle! It's so true!

But then isn’t all social media?! We’ve become a society obsessed with pouring our hearts out on social media, detailing every moment in our life and get unhappy if we don’t get enough likes on our posts! It’s crazy. Or those who give half a story and tell those who comment they’ll “PM” them the other half of the story, oh so infuriatingFrom what we had for our breakfast, lunch and dinner to filtered, unrealistic selfies, we’ve become a right infatuated bunch! Oh and of course there’s the crazy, obsessive parents like me who just bombard everyone’s newsfeed with their children! Queue the rolling eyes of non-parents. Lol. Social Media makes me procrastinate so much from uni work at times that I keep threatening myself to delete it…..but that never happens!

Cerys is also getting to that age where she's desperate to be on Social Media, but I'm trying to keep her away from that stuff for as long as possible, I want to keep her my wee baby and don't want to risk her seeing things she shouldn't. That scares the hell out of me! I don't know how long that will last though and she's forever seeing mummy on it. She's too innocent for all that palava yet though! Although she is already obsessed at taking selfies and looks good doing it!




There is also the positive side though, the power that Social Media can have is unreal. On Monday afternoon I had around 1000 views on my blog which had been built up over the space of around 3 weeks. On Monday night I shared it on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram and as I’m posting this I’ve got almost 8,500 views, that’s 7,500 views in just two days! How crazy is that?! And also very heart-warming that people have taken the time to even bother with it. A huge thank you to you!

I’ve found through my time at uni you get the modules you enjoy and the modules you really detest and doing the typical thing, I put my heart and soul into the coursework that I enjoy, like this blog and bury my head in the sand with the ones I hate or that I’m struggling with, like my dissertation! Then sh*t hits the fan and I realise I'm behind with things!

I really need to stop letting this blog and social media take over my life and get my head in the game. Only 7 weeks left!!

Emma xxxx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews