Emma and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day(s)

19:00:00

What a strange couple of days it's been. There has certainly been a major mix of emotions over the weekend. 

So firstly, I've not been very well over the weekend, suffering from fluey type symptoms. It's been one of those weekends I've felt really sorry for myself and have had many emotional breakdowns. I always feel so emotionally unstable when I'm unwell, lol it's quite funny actually! Mark thinks I'm such a drama queen at times but I really cannot afford to be unwell just now, there's just too much to be done! So Saturday afternoon I spent in my jammies feeling rather sorry for myself, doing dissertation work.


A spinning plate which Cerys made me xx
Yesterday I woke up to a beautiful bunch of flowers and some home made goodies from my 2 girls for Mother's Day. This was fab and made me feel much better getting so much love from my girls. I had a few things to do in the afternoon and rushed around getting them done, thinking that I was beginning to feel better. But oh no, life had other plans ofcourse and all of a sudden I felt so ill again, I took a slump and the flu had hit me again, which felt twice as hard this time! 


Beautiful flowers, card and picture from my girls xx
We were going to Mark's mums for dinner but an hour before we went, Mark gave Isla-Rose tomato soup, who subsequently decided to rub her hands in it and get it all over her face, hair and brand new outfit!! So it was stripped, bath and new outfit on, grrr! 


Messy monster covered in Tomato Soup!!!!!
We had a quick, but lovely dinner at Mark's mums house and I had to give my apologies and leave. Then it was back home where I was in my bed for 7.30pm! I've got to say, it's been a very long time since I had done that. 

To make matters worse, I had a 4 hours assessment in university this morning which I was supposed to have studied hard for over the weekend, but I only managed 2 hours last night when I was in bed and even then I didn't retain any information, my head was thumping and my nose was running like a tap. 

Then this morning, Mark only went and put his back out! You really couldn't write this stuff. He literally bent down to pick something up and when he stood back up, craacckkk, his back just went, so now he can hardly move and when he does he looks like John Wayne! So the great help that he normally is, has all but disappeared, poor soul! 

After all this, my 4 hour assessment was absolutely horrendous , I really didn't feel like I knew what was going on and all I could think about was my PJs and my bed. 

When I finished, I came out to the sad news from my mum that her wee cat, Cleo had to be put to sleep this morning. I was so sad hearing this as we have had the cat since I was 10, so she had been a lifelong family pet! I know how sad my mum is and it's just a horrible thing to happen. Pets are definitely like children in the family. Seriously, could this day be any worse?! 


Me with Cleo the Cat when I was 10 xx
On a much more happier, positive note though, I have just had word that my best friend has been taken in to have her baby! I am so glad to be having a new wee addition to our group,  so hopefully the baby is born before midnight and we can turn a pretty terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day into a joyful, happy one! 

Emma xxxx

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Found you on #MondayBlogs! Sounds like you're having a rough time, hope it gets better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww why thank you for your kind words and for leaving a comment! Really does just seem to be one of those days!! xxx

      Delete
  2. I agree that that assessment was the horrendous :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally uncalled for on a Monday at 9am! Lol xx

      Delete

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews