Forever Friends

22:49:00

Being a mum and student means that my social life has pretty much went out the window over the past 4 years. So it was great to have a break away from everything at the weekend to attend the christening of one of my best friends daughter.

Beautiful baby Emily xx

It felt great to let my hair down and catch up with all my friends, some of whom I haven't been out with for well over a year! It was so nice to forget about my dissertation and coursework for a day and I felt relaxed for the first time in ages (the Gin may have helped towards that though!) I think Mark was really happy to see me like this also, as all he sees these days is a complete stress monster.

Me and one of my best friends Paula xx
I have suffered from REALLY terrible hangover's since having Isla-Rose so I rarely drink these days as the thought of a 6am rise with a baby just screams hell to me. But, my wonderful mum stepped in and agreed to keep the kids overnight for me and Mark so that we could join in on the celebrations for once, which went on until the wee small hours!

Some of our gorgeous kids xx

It's times like these that I really cherish as they are few and far between. Since I've been at university, I really feel like I've become a bit of a recluse as I've been so determined that I stay focused and do well in my studies. Obviously this is very important, but I've also realised that it is vital to keep in touch with friends and make the effort to go out. In reality, university only lasts for a short time of your life so you certainly shouldn't sacrifice friendships for it, god some of my friends I've known now for over 26years (how scary is that?!) My friends are fabulous though and realise exactly what I've went through the past 4 years, especially since having Isla-Rose. They are so understanding and don't hold any grudges, I hope!

The drink's certainly gone to our heads!
I was never going to have the typical student life, pubbing it every weekend because I'm a mum and have responsibilities, but am I going to regret not going out just a wee bit more throughout my time? Well who knows? All I know now is, I cannot wait to finish my studies, start earning money and make up for all the lost time with my fabulous friends. There are still plenty more years for many memories to be made and I can't wait to start making them!

Emma xxx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews